The Categories feature in fabric Marketplace allows retailers to organize products into groups and set different commission rates for each group of products.
Categories can then be used to create Commission profiles for different supplier partners on the Marketplace to maximize commissions.
To access Categories, click on your account name in the menu at the top of Marketplace and select Retailer Settings in the menu that appears. On the Settings page, scroll to the bottom and select Categories.
The Categories page displays a table of all the Categories you’ve created previously, with a quick look at the ID, Category Name, Number of Items in the Category, and the Last Updated date.
To create a new Category, click the Add New Category button at the top-right of the page. In window that appears, give the new Category a name and click Save.
To rename or delete an existing Category, find it in the list of Categories you’ve created previously, click on the corresponding vertical ellipsis icon (⋮), and then click Rename or Delete. Please note that Category names must be unique and only Categories with no items can be deleted.
Please Note: Your Suppliers will be able to see all the Categories you create and any products you assign to them.
In Marketplace, categories are attributes of a product, similar to a product’s name, description, color, etc. Like these other attributes, categories are set up in the CSV file of your products that you import into Marketplace. To learn more about this process, visit the Import Products & Attributes page.
To access Commission Profiles, click on your account name in the menu at the top of Marketplace and select Retailer Settings in the menu that appears. On the Settings page, scroll to the bottom and select Commission Profiles.
The Commission Profiles page displays a table of all the Commission Profiles you’ve created previously, with a quick look at the Profile Name, Suppliers, and Method.
To create a new Commission Profile, click the Add New Profile button at the top-right of the page.
On the Create Commission Profile page, give the new profile a name and a description, and select a method for the Commission Profile, either Flat Commission % or Commission by Category.
- Flat Commission %: Specify a commission rate to be applied to all items, regardless of their category.
- Commission by Category: Enter a commission rate for each category. All Categories is selected by default and used for any items without a category. Click Add Categories to set up custom commission rates on a per-category basis.
When you’re finished setting up your Commission Profile, click Save.
To edit or delete a commission profile, visit the Commission Profiles page and click on a Commission Profile to change.
- To edit the Commission Profile, make your changes and then click the Update button at the top right.
- To delete the Commission Profile, click Delete at the top right, and then click Delete in the popup that appears.
To use Commission Profiles effectively, consider the following best practices:
- Set commission rates that align with your business goals and help you maximize profits.
- Use category-specific Commission Profiles to set different commission rates for different categories of products.
- Keep Commission Profile names and descriptions clear and descriptive to help you identify them later.
Updated about 1 month ago