PIM is now called Products
Some of fabric's products are undergoing name changes. PIM is becoming Products, but you may see the old name in some places as we make the transition.
Bulk export email
When Export of Items or Attributes in Products is selected from Bulk Actions, a notification appears confirming the action. Upon completion, the system will send an email to the user.
Users can now perform item attribute mapping using Products APIs. Previously, this function was only available in Copilot.
Change Hierarchy Node
Users can now change an item's hierarchy node using only APIs. This removes any dependency on Copilot.
Attributes Groups and UI enhancements
March 28, 2022
This release contains an enhanced interface for interacting with the Items and the Bundles pages and introduces the concept of Attribute Groups
Introduction of Attribute Groups (Settings): Attribute Group enables users to create collections of attributes. Use cases include grouping the attributes based on owners of item data along the value chain (e.g. manufacturing, marketing, etc.), grouping the attributes based on business workflows, and merchandising requirements.
Revised Items UI Page: Gives merchants an easily editable view of item details with collapsed attribute groups and embedded attribute value actions. Variants are also more easily manageable with their own tab.
Revised Bundles UI Page: Provides merchants an easily editable view of bundle details with collapsed attribute groups and embedded bundle item actions. Merchants can also now perform bulk import of bundles and see bundle import history.
Launch of multi-select from list of values (LOV) attribute: Merchants can now select one or more values from a LOV attribute within the Items Detail Page.
Ability to change the primary hierarchy: Merchants can now change the primary hierarchy of an item from the Items Detail Page and also in bulk actions.
Common category API to delete hierarchy nodes: Products API users can now delete Category nodes from Primary and Alternate Hierarchies.
Hierarchy and Attribute APIs
January 24, 2022
Products now enables an end-to-end experience using only the APIs. Products users no longer have the dependency on the Copilot UI to manage hierarchies and attributes.
These APIs provide the following functionality.
- Create and manage Primary Hierarchy
- Create and manage Alternate Hierarchies
- Create and manage Attributes
All the APIs for all write operations have been equipped with security using an API Key.
Filters and item attributes
August 13, 2021
Filters on Item List
- A comprehensive set of filters have been added to the Item list page.
- You can filter the items based on their hierarchies, date created or modified as well as all the attributes and their values.
- A new full page UI provides easier to navigate through the attribute creation process.
Attribute and Hierarchy features
May 20, 2021
Please note that this is a release of Products 2.0 standalone application without any integration with other applications such as OMS, Offers, or Storefront. Fully integrated Products with the ability to communicate with other applications is coming soon.
- fabric Products now supports the following six data types for defining your product information: Text, Number, Boolean, Date, Sequence, and List of Values.
- You can also configure JS formulas in certain types of attributes for calculating the values.
- Attributes also support simple and come business validations configured using JS formula.
- fabric Products now supports the following four data types for defining your hierarchy information: Text, Number, Boolean, Date
Hierarchies: This new feature enables you to create a hierarchical structure to organize your products into different groups and categories for a variety of business use cases. There are two types of hierarchies.
- Primary Hierarchy allows you to create the anchoring tree structure that defines the relevant attributes for different categories of items to organize the catalog. There can only be one primary hierarchy.
- Alternate Hierarchy allows for the assortment of items based on multiple conditions, such as placement in Primary Hierarchy, attributes & values, then groups them together under one or many subcategories. There can be any number of Alternate Hierarchies.
- You can now create and manage items and variants of an item through parent-child relationships and bundles of items in Products.
- You can define which attributes should inherit the value from parent item to variants & generate variants based on required number
- You can create bundle of items and/or their specific variants
- You can also define quantities for every item in a bundle
Bulk Import of Items
- Import multiple items that belong to a single category using a template-based CSV import
- Check the import history and errors occurred during the import
- Export the errored items with error details to re-import with clean data
Bulk Import of Item Attributes
- You can Import multiple attributes using a template-based CSV import
- Check the import history and errors on individual attributes
- Export the errored attributes with error details
- You can now select one, more, or all items and perform bulk actions
- Delete, Export or Update items are supported with bulk actions
Updated 11 days ago