User roles have predefined permissions in fabric. This page covers the roles as they relate to the Products application and their unique capabilities within each Products menu:
- Admin: Manages product settings including attribute mapping and attribute groups. With this role, you can publish or unpublish an item or bundle, and delete items, bundles, and categories.
- Editor: Creates and updates content and sends changes for review.
- Viewer: Views content but cannot create, update, or delete content. Viewers cannot manage product settings.
The List menu is where products are imported, reviewed, and revised.
- Admin: Views and manages item lists and item details, including creating, publishing, and deleting items individually or in bulk. An admin can also upload items in bulk via CSV import, download older imported files, and export all items.
- Editor: Views, creates, and manages item lists and item details, but cannot publish or delete items. Editors can also upload items in bulk via CSV import, download older imported files, and export all items from a catalog.
- Viewer: Views item lists and item details but cannot edit, publish, or delete items. Viewers can download past imports and export existing data from Products. Viewers cannot create or update single items or bulk imports via CSV.
The Categories and Collections menus are where products are grouped together for better discovery and catalog management.
- Admin: Creates and manages both categories and collections. Admins can add attributes and define attribute values for each node. They also have the capability to delete an entire collection, delete a single node of a category, and publish a collection.
- Editor: Creates and manages both types of hierarchies. Editors can also modify an existing collection, category, or any of its nodes and category attribute values. Editors cannot publish or delete a category.
- Viewer: Views both types of categories and the details of each node. Viewers cannot create a new category and cannot make any changes to any existing categories.
The Attributes menu is where product characteristics are defined.
- Admin: Creates and manages product attributes and has permission to import attributes, perform bulk uploads, and delete any existing attributes as permitted by the system. Admins can also export existing attributes and review import history of attributes.
- Editor: Creates and manages product attributes and has permission to import attributes, perform bulk uploads. They cannot delete any attributes.
- Viewer: Views existing attributes and their details. They can also export existing attributes and review old import attributes.
The Settings menu allows attributes to be grouped together to manage large volumes of product information.
- Admin: Creates and manages Attribute Mappings. Admins can also create new attribute groups and modify existing attribute groups.
- Editor: Creates new attribute groups and modifies existing groups. Editors cannot make any changes to Attribute Mappings.
- Viewer: Views existing attribute groups and attribute mapping. Viewers are not permitted to make any changes.
For more information about role-based access control within fabric’s individual products, see the following sections:
Updated 24 days ago