The developer portal provides API definitions that include working code examples and the ability to make authenticated API requests directly within the documentation. This section provides step-by-step instructions on how to make API calls from the developer portal.
- Install the Postman client.
- Generate the access token by following the instructions in the Getting Started with fabric APIs section.
- Get the
x-fabric-tenant-idby following the instructions in the Getting the Account ID section.
- Go to the fabric Developer Portal.
- To try an API endpoint, go to the corresponding page.
For example, to add an attribute go to the Create Attribute page. You can click the Examples menu in the request field to view request examples with data.
- To run the API request, do the following:
- In the Bearer field in the right pane, enter the access token.
- In the BODY PARAMS section, enter the required setting for each parameter.
- In the Headers section, enter the required setting for each parameter.
- In the right pane, click Try it.
The response is displayed in JSON format. You can also click the Examples menu in the right pane to see different response examples.