A System App is a type of API app that generates an access token to identify itself using a client ID and client secret. System Apps do not use fabric Identity to authenticate end users; rather they use system-to-system communications with fabric APIs. If you are using your own identity provider, you should create a System App.
Visit the Concepts page to learn more about System Apps.
Ensure you have admin or restricted admin privileges to create a new System App.
- In the left menu, click Settings > Developer Tools.
- Click API Apps.
The API Apps page is displayed.
- Click Create API App.
The Create an app page is displayed.
- In the App name field, enter the name of the application.
- (Optional) In the Description field, enter a description.
- In the App type field, select System App.
The Role field appears.
- In the Role field, select one of the following roles for the app:
- Admin: Has admin access for all fabric products.
- Developer Admin: Can create server-to-server apps and has admin access for all fabric products.
- Developer Viewer: Can view the details of a server-to-server app and has viewer role access for all fabric products.
- Editor: Has editor role access for all fabric products.
- Experiences Editor: Creates content for use on storefronts in Experiences.
- Experiences Publisher: Reviews and approves content to be published in Experiences.
- Offers Editor: Creates, updates, and deletes prices, promotions, customer segments, and exclusions in Offers.
- Orders & Inventory Editor: Manages orders, locations, inventory, networks, and settings in Orders and Inventory.
- Products Editor: Creates and updates catalog changes in Products.
- Viewer: Has viewer role access for all fabric products.
- Click Create.
The new System App is created.
Updated about 1 month ago