A User App is a type of API app that uses fabric Identity to authenticate end users. A User App relies on the login page that fabric Identity hosts in order for end users to log in. It is suitable for e-commerce apps that direct their authentication and authorization needs to fabric Identity.
Visit the Concepts page to learn more about User Apps.
Ensure you have admin or restricted admin privileges to create a new user app.
- In the left menu, click Settings > Developer Tools.
- Click API Apps.
The API Apps page is displayed.
- Click Create API App.
The Create an app page is displayed.
- In the App name field, enter the name of the application.
- (Optional) In the Description field, enter a description.
- In the App type field, select User App.
The User Pool, Usage Type, Redirect URL, and Logout URL fields appear.
- In the User Pool field, select default.
If you want to create a new user pool, contact fabric Customer Support.
- In the Usage Type field, choose one of the following options:
- Headless shopper authentication: Supports a custom log in experience using fabric APIs.
- Hosted log in: Shopper must verify their identity by logging in through Okta.
- In the Redirect URL field, enter a URL to redirect the user to after successful authentication.
- In the Logout URL field, enter a URL to redirect the user to after logging out.
- Click Create.
The new User App is created.
Updated about 1 month ago