Standardize product data rules for all suppliers across various categories.
Marketplace (Merchants) is now called Marketplace (Retailers)
Some of fabric's products are undergoing name changes. Marketplace (Merchants) is now Marketplace (Retailers), but you may see the old name in some places as we make the transition.
When retailers are sourcing products in various categories from their suppliers, it becomes essential for them to be able to differentiate product attributes and their validations for each category.
A proposal department enables retailers to set any number of categories and apply different validations on each one, making it easy to implement control over the quality of data their suppliers share.
A proposal department enforces the rules of a product import template and two predefined rulesets on every proposal before a supplier can send proposals to the retailer.
- Active - An active Proposal Department is available for all suppliers of the retailer.
- Disabled - You can set the status of a department to Disabled if you don’t want to use this anymore.
Create a Proposal Department
To access the Proposal Department, login to your dashboard, select Retailer Settings, then Proposal Department, then Create.
Enter the name of the proposal in Department Name
Select a Product Import Template
- Every proposal department requires the product import template to identify the list of attributes for the proposal department
- A retailer can only select from the existing list of templates.
Select a Supplier Ruleset
- You will be able to see a list of existing rulesets
- Select the ruleset that all items must be compatible with when being added to a proposal
NOTE: Supplier ruleset is also applied on all items during the compatibility check of every proposal.
Select a Retailer Ruleset
- You will be able to see a list of all existing rulesets
- Select the ruleset that the items must be compatible with when being accepted from a proposal
NOTE: The retailer ruleset is applied on the all items of a proposal during the compatibility check before it can be sent over to the retailer for a review
Select a Sample Template URL (optional step)
- Marketplace gives retailer the capability to provide a ready template to their supplier that can be referenced while creating the spreadsheet for a proposal.
- You can simply upload the file on your server and add a URL here. This will make the file available for the supplier while creating a proposal. Please reach out to fabric Support if you need support in uploading the sample file to fabric’s server.
Updated 11 days ago