Text attributes allow you to add text-based information about an item, such as a description or a code snippet. You can use any combination of text, numbers, or special characters for this attribute type.
Ensure you have administrator privileges to fabric Products. For more information, see the Role-Based Access Control.
In the left menu, click Products > Attributes > Product.
The Product Attributes page is displayed.
Click New Attribute.
The Create product attribute page is displayed. The Text attribute type is selected by default.
(Optional) To enable localized titles for the attribute, set the Localize this attribute toggle to one of the following:
- On: The attribute title is localized. The Title and description section displays additional Attribute title fields corresponding to the languages depending on the internationalization settings.
- Off: The attribute title isn't localized.
In the Attribute title (primary) filed, enter a name for the attribute.
If localization is enabled in step 3, enter the localized attribute titles in the Attribute title field for each corresponding internationalization setting.
(Optional) In the Description field, enter a description for the attribute.
In the Type of text field, select one of the following:
- Small text: For single-line text attributes.
- Text Area: For multi-line text attributes.
- Html: For text area attributes that support HTML.
(async () => await attribute('id') *10)(). When you select Yes, the Calculation formula and Allow manual overwrite fields are displayed. Do the following to complete the settings:
- In the Allow manual overwrite field, choose one of the following:
- No: Specifies that you cannot manually overwrite the attribute value. This is the default setting.
In the Validations field, select one of the following:
- None: Specifies that no custom validation is required for the attribute. This is the default setting.
The Validation formula field is displayed.
In the Is this attribute mandatory? field, select one of the following:
- Yes: Specifies that the attribute is mandatory when creating an item.
- No: Specifies that the attribute is not mandatory when creating an item. This is the default selection.
The text attribute with the specified settings is created.
Updated 12 days ago