Product attributes are specific product descriptors that define characteristics such as size, color, or material. This document covers the process of importing multiple product attributes using a CSV file. You also have the option to add product attributes manually.
Product attributes can be imported using CSV files exclusively, as fabric does not support other data or file formats. Here are some essential points to keep in mind:
- The headers in the first row of the CSV file should match the attribute titles.
- While attribute titles are not case-sensitive, maintaining case consistency with the original attribute titles is recommended.
- Empty rows and columns are ignored.
- We recommend downloading the template file to serve as a guide when creating your own CSV file for import, minimizing errors during the process.
When preparing your CSV file for import, ensure that the product attribute data format aligns with the column requirements. Different columns have specific data input requirements:
- Attribute Title: The name of the attribute.
- Type of Attribute: The type of the attribute such as text, number, date, boolean, serial, list of values.
- (Optional) Description: The details about the attribute.
- Decimal: This setting to indicate whether the attribute allows decimal values. The options are true, which indicates that the attribute allows decimal values, and false, which indicates that only whole numbers are accepted. This setting is relevant only for number-type attributes. The default value is true.
- (Optional) Min: The minimum value for attribute validation. This setting is relevant for number-type attributes only.
- (Optional)Max: The maximum value for attribute validation. This setting is relevant for number-type attributes only.
- Date Format: The date format, such as MM/DD/YYYY, MM-DD-YYYY, DD/MM/YYYY, DD-MM-YYYY, YYYY/MM/DD, and YYYY-MM-DD, for the date. This field is mandatory for date-type attributes. Without a format, the attribute will not be imported.
- Mandatory: This field defines whether the attribute is mandatory or optional. Acceptable values are true and false.
- Start With: The starting serial number. This setting is only applicable for serial-type attributes.
- Increment by: The increment size for the serial-type attribute.
- Options Select Type (List of Value): Required to create a list of values-type attribute. Acceptable values in this column are true and false. Use the Value 1, Value 2, Value 3 columns to the right to provide the value options. You can add more columns following the same pattern.
Ensure that you have access to fabric Products in Copilot.
- In the left menu, click Products > Attributes > Product.
The Product Attributes page is displayed.
- Click Import.
The Import CSV file window is displayed, providing a link to download an example template for the CSV file.
- To import a CSV file, choose one of the following options:
- Drag and drop the CSV file into the window.
- Click Select a File from your computer.
- Click Import file.
The CSV file is imported, and the product attributes are added.
Updated 26 days ago