A: When working with the fabric Cart, it is recommended to use the following three fabric services to support the cart functionality, along with validation:
- fabric products (previously known as PIM) for item validation during add-to-cart and cart retrieval. It ensures the product being added to the cart is both available and active.
- fabric Offers for price validation, promotions, and coupon application during add-to-cart and cart retrieval. It is used to get the current pricing and promotions for products.
- fabric Inventory for validation during add-to-cart and cart retrieval. It is used to confirm the product availability.
- Inventory for availability validation:
- Products for status validation:
- Offers for pricing retrieval, validation, and promotion validation
These configuration settings are managed by fabric as part of your onboarding process (currently, they are not supported through Copilot UI).
A: There are two primary ways to manage configuration in a cart and change its behavior:
- Tenant-level configuration: Supports the previously-mentioned "validation" switches set by fabric staff and systems.
- Cart-level or run-time configurations (part of endpoint requests): These settings affect the behavior of a specific cart and can be set by developers when using cart endpoints. Refer to Cart endpoints.
If fabric Shopper Identity is being used, it will provide unique identifiers for shoppers. When calling fabric Cart service, you would use the S2S (System to System) authorization token to identify the shopper in any cart endpoint using
A: Yes, you can use any external IDP. Simply use the S2S authorization token and then pass the identifier from you IDP as
customer.id to any cart-related endpoint requests.
A: fabric Cart supports both guest users and registered users. Refer to FAQs on cart merging for further details.
A: The following are the pre-requisites to add an item to fabric Cart:
- An active product exists.
- An active pricelist exists.
- Inventory exists for the product.
A: When inventory validations are enabled (ON), you can identify if an item is out of stock during the process of add-to-cart or during cart retrieval. If the item is out of stock, it will be marked as inActive (
isActive = false) in cart, and error message will be shown. Specifically, the
errors will be populated for all items that are out of stock.
To store custom information about items in cart, you can use
attributes at the line item level. These attributes allow you to store and associate additional custom data with specific items.
Note: In addition, you have the flexibility to add custom
attributes to cart object itself to capture further relaxant custom information that is not specific to a product.
A: fabric supports the following fulfillment methods:
WEB_SHIP- Shipping to a physical address.
WEB_SDD- Shipping to a physical address for the same-day delivery (SDD).
WEB_PICKUP- Buy Online and Pickup in Store (BOPIS).
Q: Is 'split' fulfillment (between two or more address or two different fulfillment methods) supported?
A: Yes, fabric supports split fulfillment. You can add multiple
ShippingDetails (with delivery address or pickup details). Then you can assign them items in the cart to these